Thanks to incredible support from our airport community, travellers, and contractors, the terminal expansion project has been moving smoothly and the Fredericton International Airport Authority is pleased to say that overall budget and timeline remain as predicted, with an expected completion in May 2021. To ensure the safety and comfort of travellers and everyone working at the airport, the FIAA has made an adjustment to the interim schedules, and the new check-in hall is now slated to open in Spring 2020. This will ensure we provide the best possible experience for everyone.
If you are travelling soon:
- All departing passengers, whether they are headed to a domestic or international destination, will find check-in, bag drop, and security in the same location as it has been since the start of construction in May 2019.
- Travellers returning on a domestic flight will continue to arrive and pick up their baggage as usual.
- Passengers travelling on a flight from YFC to Cuba, Mexico, or the Dominican Republic will encounter a modified layout in the customs clearance area, to accommodate the ongoing construction. There will be additional personnel on hand to direct and assist travellers.
- As always, we recommend all travellers bring a winter coat and suitable footwear on the plane to ensure comfort when disembarking, as you will walk outdoors between the terminal building and your aircraft.
For more information on the terminal expansion project:
- Follow the Fredericton International Airport on Facebook
- Follow the Fredericton International Airport on Twitter